Monday, January 9, 2012

Nutro hairball remedy catfood for my cat?

I have a maine coon that I currently feed Science Diet hairball formula. He has the worst hair. The food helped at first but after about 6 months it stopped working as well. I have tried to incorporate some wet food into his diet to help him p the hair but after trying almost every brand he will not eat wet food. (however he will lick all the juices from it). He loves tuna juice (as a rare special treat) so I tried to even disguise a little fish oil in it to help. He of course smelled it and looked at me like I was crazy. He can pretty much detect any oils or treatmenet disguised in his food. I have tried the hairball remedy at petsmart and it didn't seem to help much and he fights me so much i usually end up wearing most of it. He also turns his nose up to hairball treats. I brush him everyday but he is an obsessive groomer. So my last resort is to try a different food. Has anyone had luck with Nutro? Plus, I keep hearing bad reviews on science diet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment